This type of saffron that called Super Negin, is the highest quality of other types of saffron in terms of the power of color, taste and aroma. It is classified in the category of all red saffron and the biggest difference of this type of saffron with other types is in longer filaments, thicker stigma, less powder and broken filaments, from other types of all red saffrons. And also, this type has more Crocin, Safranal and Picrocrocin in lab reports from others types of saffrons respectively these are reasons of the color, flavor and taste of the saffron.
This type of saffron, in addition to being three separate branches of the stigma and without any additional roots (cream), has two other characteristics:
- First, the saffron must be coarse and the heads must be wide.
- Second, it should be dried straight and without bending and should not have any frosting.
Features of Super Negin Saffron:
- Don’t be dark.
- No sticky pieces.
- The three branches of the stigma are completely separated.
- The ends of the stigmas should not be white.
- The stigma is large.
- Dried directly and without frosting.
This type of saffron is more popular in different countries, which has made this type of saffron more exportable.
About 100 kilos of saffron flowers have been arranged to get about 1 kilo of super negin saffron.